Monday, April 26, 2010

A New Page, The Same Vision, With Less Confusion

Last sumer, after reading a few books and casually grazing the food blogosphere, I came to the conclusion that I should be the next food blogging phenomenon. I gathered a team of "faithful" companions to join me as I tackled the daunting task of becoming an internet foodie sensation. I created my blog with the ultra trendy (and therefore absolutely necessary) engine called Tumblr. I told EVERYONE I was writing the world's greatest food blog. I even began writing a magazine column to draw attention to my cause.

Then a funny thing happened: I remembered how lazy I am. I remembered how easy it is to break a digital camera (which happened about two days after I started my photo-heavy, extra trendy tumblr.) I remembered how difficult it is for me to write blog entries when I am worried about not being funny enough, trendy enough, or photo-heavy enough. 

So I took a break. I stopped writing my column, focused on being the frugal "STUDENT", and essentially forgot about my ultra trendy tumblr. But I kept cooking. I kept making money mistakes. I kept living beyond my means. I kept yard saling. I kept experimenting. 

And I'm back. I don't have a fun digital camera, or my "faithful" team. But I still have my recipes. I still have my desire to experiment. I still don't have any money. And I've decided I may not be ultra trendy enough for a tumblr. But maybe that will be enough. I certainly hope so. 

My mission is to start a food and lifestyle revolution. But this time I promise not to get bogged down in the details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment